Jan 21, 2009

Dying

If you don't see me online don't assume I'm dead. Will be back in Sibu between 23rd to 1st. But won't be long in Subang, only be here for a day to feed the hamster and fishes, check my mail for replies from job agencies and Symphony, before going off to Phuket early morning (7am flight) on the 3rd. What to do in Phuket? Muay Thai training camp.



No, you didn't hear me wrong. Muay Thai. I repeat, Muay Thai. Now I'll tell you a different thing that you'll think you read wrongly too...... I've been working out for the past 1 week. Yes, work out, not make out. Destination will be south Phuket, and from the airport I'll be heading straight to Sinbi Muay Thai Camp. I searched for training camps/gyms and although Tiger Muay Thai is reknowned, Sinbi's site gave the best and most complete information to clear my questions. The place is owned by 2005 KOMA champ Sinbi Taewoong @ Thopadak Wanchalerm (Thopadak = Fish spear) and he's one of the trainers there. Here's a video of him (fight parts starting after 1st min):



But why Sinbi's? Cos I got no martial arts background/history, so I really don't know what to expect from Muay Thai. And travelling alone, I have truckloads of questions on the hows, whos, wheres, whens, whats. Honestly (not carrying balls) so far this is the most informative website I ever came across. There are a couple of trainers there but I don't know who will train me, tho I've notified them that I'm not even half as fit as most trainees at the camp. Now I need to get my stamina back, noticed I lost a lot of speed, strength and stamina since I quit football due to the nerve problem on both legs.



Yesterday guess who joined me to run around the 1.4km stretch of Subang Lake? Sherry. Ya, big boobs Sherry. At 7am. Only managed a miserable run of 2 laps and I think 4 laps of walks for warm up and warm down. I'm very the pissed that my arms are still bitching from weights and push ups, that means I can't work them yesterday and today. Right now, I've just came back from the lake and today is a day of total fail lol. 3/4 lap and the late breakfast effect kicks in dammit. Had to stop. Probably tmrw I'll go eat at 5am let it digest for 2 hours before starting.



With only 13 days to go, I think there's a lot to do before I'm off to the camp. If you think I'm doing this from too much Ong Bak or Tom Yum Goong, now gimme 50 bucks. Cos I was supposed to learn MT together with Hong and his bunch back in 2001/2002 and that time the only Thai movie I've watched is Nang Nak. Just that at last minute all of them dropped the plan (WTF?). Since life is throwing a truckload of shit on me since last year's May, I'll just do the things I planned but didn't carry out during college days.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home